8.04.2005

Camera

This picture has no relevance except to show that my camera is working again. Those in Korea will recognize it as a shot of AFN's weather forecast. My digital camera worked well for the first year or so that I had it then suddenly the LCD went black and when I tried to take pictures they also were black. I've been able to make it work various times by throwing it on my bed or randomly squeezing it, but recently it seemed to be dead for good. Then, last night after I wrote the update about Icheon I became frustrated and wished I had some pictures to go with the description. So, I went to the shop near my apartment, bought big jug of Cass and a small screwdriver set. At home I poured a glass of Cass and set about removing the many tiny screws on my camera. Once disassembled and after starring dumbly at the guts of the camera for ten minutes, I was finally able to find a loose connection. I pushed it back in, closed the casing of the camera, dropped in the batteries and viola! It worked again. So, now (knock on wood) I have my camera back and can put photos here. Tomorrow I'll head in to Seoul and do some shopping and hopefully get some interesting pictures for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake, Fill me in, I have missed too much. Who is Yahna, Are you coming back to the US soon? What is new?

Anonymous said...

By the way that was me... Bryan

Jacob said...

Hay Brian! Yunha is the girl I've been dating for the past six months or so. I may be in the US sooner than expected. I'll keep you posted on it.