3.26.2006

Bucheon

Here are a few pictures from Bucheon, the area where Yunha lives. It's a suburban area just outside of Seoul.


We went to a big mall with the intention of seeing a movie, but there was only one English movie playing and it didn't seem interesting.


So, we wandered around the mall so I could take pictures.


We ran across these two people dressed up as cartoon characters. Scenes like this are quite common in Korea. I really can't explain how strange this place seems sometimes. I stopped these guys and got some pictures with them and Yunha, but she'd rather I didn't put her picture on the internet.


A shot inside the mall. The woman in the picture was putting her hands over her face because she saw me with the camera.


This picture was taken just outside the entrance to the mall.

I didn't take many pictures because I always feel a bit uncomfortable taking pictures in public. Koreans stare at foreigners enough already and if you take out a camera you get a lot of looks. This is pretty surprising since Koreans, like the Asian stereotype, love to take pictures, though mostly they take them of themselves. I suppose they find it a little strange to take pics of mundane things like movie signs and grown men dressed as cartoon chickens.

[EDIT]

This photo of a Japanese toy was also taken at the mall, so I decided to throw it in the mix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me but I think you skipped an important day!

Janica